Wednesday 21 November 2012

The Clean Team






If you cook, you clean and sometimes the things you need to clean can be a bit burnt on and stubborn no matter how careful you are. I just pulled my head from inside my stove where some cheese from tonight's pizza (homemade and perfect, unlike the last pizza!) had escaped it's confines and deposited itself on the oven floor. This little combo above can clean like nothing else I've ever tried. It's all earth friendly and inexpensive to boot! I don't claim to have come up with this miracle but have been using it for years on so many things and it has never failed me. I wish I could remember where I first heard about it so I can give credit where credit is due, but to whomever shared this, I want you to know I am eternally grateful.

It's a simple paste of baking soda, washing soda and washing up liquid. The little baggie contains coarse salt which you can add if you need a bit of an abrasive to tackle the really hard problems. You can also leave the paste on a stubborn stain for 10 minutes or so and let it do the hard work instead of wasting your precious elbow grease! Simply wipe off after that time and sit back and relax ;)

There was a recipe for how much of each you should use, but I've long since just thrown it all together willy nilly. A bit of this, a bit of that and voila. I guess I mix about equal parts baking soda and washing soda and just enough washing up liquid to form a paste.

This cleaning solution faced it's ultimate match after we had been on the road for about 3 months and finally decided the insect massacre that was the front of our RV really needed dealing with. Baked on high impact bug guts are a real challenge but my friends above made short order of turning our rig from gruesome to awesome.

As with all new products to your cleaning regime, test first on an inconspicuous area to make sure your surface doesn't get damaged. I have never had a problem, but you never know.
I hope this helps you all and cuts down on cleaning time so you can spend more time on you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment